Brown says stability, reliability, and approachability. It is the color of our earth and is associated with all things natural or organic.
How the color brown affects us physically
- supplies a feeling of wholesomeness
- provides a connection with the earth
- gives a sense orderliness
Brown around the globe
- Mestizo Hispanics sometimes refer to themselves as brown or bronze.
- In the United States, Thanksgiving is represented by brown and orange.
- The Japanese do not have a specific word for brown. Rather, they use more descriptive names such as “tea-color," "fox-color," and "fallen-leaf.”
- In India, brown is the color of mourning because it resembles dying leaves.
- American Indians believe the color brown represents the power of self-discipline.
Thanks for stopping by.
All comments, critiques, suggestions and tips are welcome and appreciated.
I may not always have time to thank you, but comments are always read and appreciated, and I will try and visit your site and leave a comment. I'll do my best to answer every question and address specific comments.
© Anina Botes
All rights reserved. No images can be resold in any form, downloaded, reproduced or altered without the express written permission of Anina Botes. This written permission needs to be obtained in advance, prior to any use of the images.